Voice of the child resources – The Easy-Easier Posting Box (TM)
Recognise the voice of the child with these simple resources. Consult with the child. Listen and respond to their voice with this simple, effective concept. Offering a practical way to engage with the child about their support.
The Easy-Easier Posting Box is suitable for children with/without SEND in KS1- 4.
Video clip about using the Easy-Easier Posting Box (TM)
The pack includes a brightly coloured post box marked ‘Easy’ and ‘Easier’ and a set of laminated tickets with typical classroom tasks on them.
There are three stages with accompanying resources.
- Listen to the child’s voice, by including them in a structured approach to help them to think about the tasks/situations they find easy and those they would like to find easier.
- Work with the child to plan how they could find the task easier. Plan actions together. Include the child in this process, listen and incorporate their ideas and suggestions. They may have the solution! This process empowers the child.
- Review progress with the child – post tickets in the ‘Easy’ side once child judges that a task is now ‘Easy’ (or as ‘Easy as it can be’). This supports competency, autonomy and a feeling of belonging, promoting positive self esteem and emotional well being.
Further tickets are included in the electronic folder which accompany the product, including hearing impairment, behaviour, EAL, physical disabilities vision impairment, specific language difficulties, autism, SEN secondary, social, daily living.
The tickets posted in the ‘easier’ slot form the child’s targets for development and intervention. Goal planning sheets and progress graphs enable you to record progress throughout the year.
Product Type: Hardcopy
Why use voice of the child resources?
- Puts the child’s voice at the heart of the ‘plan, review, do’ process
- Provides a flexible tool to chart curriculum based progress, daily living skills or social skills
- Use to include child in EHC planning
- Helps to positively engage children in learning
- Enables meaningful learning targets to be set
- Recognise child’s strengths and promotes positive self esteem
Easy-Easier Posting Box, Set of laminated tickets with typical classroom tasks, electronic version with sets of tickets to cover further areas of SEN as stated above, review and recording sheets, goal planning sheets for child, measuring progress graphs, skill level descriptions.
“You know I use this a lot, I just want to let your followers know how useful I find it. It is particularly useful for children who can’t express themselves well. I love how it does not use ‘can’t’. I have been able to find things out that I wouldn’t of known and then put strategies in place to make those things ‘easier’.” Specialist teacher of VI, Midlands.
“Resources like this make the job so much easier to do and the children think its a little game. I also ﬁnd they feel very proud when they have lots in the‘easy side,’ it’s almost like a mini appraisal for them!” – Teacher of VI, South Wales
“Today I used your Easy/Easier posting box (with a Year 5 student with severe visual impairment). I gained more useful information through this activity than I usually do in full vision assessments. I think I will use this in all of my future assessments.” Teacher of VI, Salford