Booking is now open – Book your place here
On: Wednesday 7th February 2024
Time: 9.00 am – 3.30pm
Venue: Masonic Hall, Pemberton, Wigan, WN5 8JP
Booking deadline: Monday 29th January 2024
Who should attend? Open to any professionals working with children who have a vision loss/ impairment or who are deafblind, special school teachers, teaching assistants, intervenors, teachers of VI, early years practitioners
Join us for this exciting, engaging, face-to-face event bringing together professionals to share their positive outcomes from Positive Looking!
- Programme Schedule is currently being finalised and will include presentations by
- Advisory Teacher of Vision Impairment for Physical and Sensory Support, Surrey Sarah Hovington on the outcomes of her research on CVI at Perkins International
- Qualified Teacher of VI and Team Leader for Salford VI Service – Daniel Downes will present on ‘Hit the Mark and Tell me if I’m wrong’ a new way of thinking about supporting children with CVI
- Special School Teachers Laura Griffiths and Katie Walsh will present on the impact of Positive Looking on learning for children within Stanley School, Wirral
- Rebecca Dickens – class teacher from Springwood School, Salford, presents on how she brings story to life through Positive Looking for children in her class.
- Positive Looking Community Resource Creation.
- Network, share resources and experiences
You will take away
- New resource ideas, strategies, knowledge, connections with other professionals
Refreshments and hot lunch served
Booking Deadline: Friday 26th January 2024