An exciting opportunity for Qualifed Teachers of VI/MSI to take the assessed (inhouse) Positive Looking Trainer course entitling successful candidates to deliver the assessed (inhouse) Positive Looking Practitioner course to practitioners in their schools or team.
POSITIVE LOOKING TRAINER COURSE
About the course
• This course teaches the QTVI/MSI how to deliver the Positive Looking Practitioner course to teachers, teaching assistants and other professionals working with children with vision impairment/loss.
• The course teaches the principles of being a trainer and prepares the QTVI/MSI to present the Positive Looking Practitioner course. It also prepares the QTVI/MSI to train a whole school staff and raise awareness of the Positive Looking Programme
• The course is marked and moderated by a Qualified Teacher of VI at Positive Eye Ltd. The course is not externally accredited. The course carries standards that must be met to pass the course. On successful completion of the course, candidates receive a CERTIFICATE OF RECOGNITION from Positive Eye Ltd
• On successful completion of the course, the Positive Looking Trainer will be entitled to deliver the Positive Looking Practitioner course to schools and professionals in their school/local authority
Positive Looking Trainers are expected too:
• Have a copy of the Positive Looking Programme within their school or service.
• Attend 8 online sessions – a total of 16 hours. All online sessions take place on ZOOM. Recordings will be available to watch on #replay.
• The course is split into two parts; each part has workbook activities to be completed during the course.
Part A. The Positive Looking Practitioner course – this involves completing the course and course book activities
Part B. The role of the Positive Looking trainer – this involves completing the course and course book activities
• Complete course book activities within agreed time frame, approx 6 months. (approx 12 – 14 hours work)
A story resource based on Marvin’s Market Adventure and Grandma’s Special Birthday Picnic
A Positive Looking Toolkit
An Everyday Object Book.
(These three resources will form the Positive Looking Trainer’s visual aids to support delivery of the Positive Looking Practitioner’s course.)
Presentation of the Positive Looking Practitioner course by the Positive Looking Trainer
Following successful completion of the course the Positive Looking Trainer is entitled to present the Positive Looking Practitioner course.
The Positive Looking Trainer is expected too:
- Present the course in accordance with the timeframe suggested by Positive Eye
- Complete a learner’s log for each practitioner during the Positive Looking Practitioner course in line with the stated time frames
- Mark the Practitioner’s course book and submit the marks for moderation and internal verification by Positive Eye.
- Observe the Positive Looking Practitioner’s story session (part of the assessed component of the course) in their school or setting
- Attend an annual moderation meeting
All course materials for the Positive Looking Train the Trainer course will be provided in downloadable format by Positive Eye Ltd. Access to a laptop to complete the workbook is essential. It is also essential that the laptop has WORD installed. It is not possible to complete the course using WORD ONLINE
COPYRIGHT OF POSITIVE LOOKING COURSE MATERIALS and DELIVERY OF TRAINING
The Positive Looking Train the Trainer and Practitioner course materials are copyright protected by Positive Eye Ltd and cannot be shared, copied or used in part or full for any other purpose other than for the delivery of the Positive Looking Practitioner training.
Positive Looking Practitioner: £75.00
Positive Looking Trainer course: £500.00
Next Positive Looking Trainer Course starts: January 2024- June2024
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in more information.
Below is the flyer for the course the teacher of VI would deliver: