The Step-Back Programme provides a whole school approach to maximizing children and young people’s independence
The Step-back Approach challenges the need to consider WHY and not just WHAT support is delivered
WHY does the Step-back Programme work?
By adopting the Step Back Programme your education setting will place learners at the heart of the planning process, listening to their voice by following a structured approach which uses a set of simple resources.
The Step-back Approach supports EVERYONE to understand their role in maximizing the independence of children and young people
The course presents the Step-back Programme in 5 x 1.5-hour sessions with Session 5 dedicated to creating a School Action Plan. The course is accompanied by a workbook and includes a resources download pack + 2 Easy-Easier Posting Boxes. The resources required to implement the programme across your school include 5 Step-back films, the comprehensive suite of Easy-Easier resources, Step-back course book for staff, PowerPoints to present the course.
Who should attend the course?
Special Needs Coordinators, Special Education Teachers, Inclusion leaders for Local Authorities, Heads, Assistant Heads and Principals
Course Schedule: 2pm UK time | Eastern Time 9am | Central Time 8am
Each session is 1.5 hours.
Session 1 – 4th January 2024
- Roles of the professionals
- The impact of support on a person’s independent access
Session 2 – 11th January 2024
- Making mistakes and over supporting
- Effective Problem Solvers
Session 3 – 18th January 2024
- Listening and responding to the learner’s voice
- Learner’s Plan of Action and Step-in, Step-back Plan
Session 4 – 25th January 2024
- Support Check-in
- Conversations about support
- Do’s of working with teacher/paraprofessional
- Who’s in the driving seat?
Session 5 – 1st February 2024
- Creating a Whole School Step-back Action Plan
BOOK YOUR PLACE ON THE STEP-BACK COURSE HERE