Supporting social skills with send students
Why use Thumbs Up – development of social skills?
- Provides a readymade, yet flexible programme adaptable to need.
- Sessions have a light hearted, fun approach, using role play to support learning.
- Use with a group or tailored for an individual childs development of social skills.
Benefits of supporting social skills with send:
- Builds the skills needed for positive social experiences.
- Seeks to improve the child’s social interactions.
- Puts the child at the centre of planning a personalised social skill programme.
Tabitha Stevens, QTVI, Cambridgeshire County Council
Want to add more? Utilise some of our free resources, all designed to support our development courses in the classroom.
Why not try our new course: Practical Approaches to social & emotional well being