Impact of vision impairment on learning Training Resource.
A set of materials to promote the knowledge and understanding of vision impairment and its effect on learning. To raise awareness of its impact on a child/young person’s learning. Their development and access to the curriculum. Designed for use by teachers of VI. To deliver training to practitioners working with children with VI. In both early years and mainstream settings.
Training resource includes: (Download only)
- Introductory booklet and list of suggested practical activities. Support delivery of training to mainstream and nursery settings
- A set of 33 colour coded PowerPoint slides to selected according to the audience
- Script to support delivery of PowerPoint slides
- Two handout booklets. Top Access Tips – Early Years. Top Access Tips – Mainstream. Both booklets include self reflections of inclusive practice for class teacher/teaching assistant
impact of vision impairment on learning focuses on:
- An overview of the impact of vision impairment on learning and development
- Top tips and strategies to enable access to the curriculum and environment
Enables mainstream and nursery practitioners to:
- Consider their approach to teaching a child/young person with VI
- Understand why and what they need to do to include the child/young person with VI
Enables Services to:
- Deliver effective training using a consistent approach across a range of settings
Other resources: Introduction to working with VI