Introduction to Working with Children
with Vision Impairment Course
Supporting visually impaired learners
Introduction to Working with Children with Vision Impairment Course
To equip you with the basic skills to support a child with vision impairment in your class.
The one day course covers:
- A basic understanding of supporting visually impaired learners.
- The implications of vision impairment on learning and development.
- How to enable the child’s access.
- The educational implications for a child/young person with vision impairment.
- Impact of vision impairment on development and learning.
- Barriers to accessing the curriculum.
Enabling access to the curriculum and environment:
- Practical approaches, methods and strategies. To enable curriculum access, reading print. Accessing images, writing and editing of work, interactive board and general classroom environment.
- Strategies to support the child’s independence. Additionally, to support social inclusion across the wider school setting.
Practitioners will leave with a comprehensive e-resource pack.