Skills for Tactile Graphics
Course objectives: understanding tactile skills
Develop an understanding of the hierarchy of required skills for tactile graphics.
Consider a range of activities and how to use them. Support the development of tactile skills within the child’s day to day curriculum.
The course covers:
The one day workshop will look at the hierarchy of accessing skills for tactile graphics. Goals for development, activities, resource suggestions. Observation points and checklists for each stage of development. Supported by a wide range of practical examples. Resources to help the practitioner deliver a programme to the children they support.
Stages of development the course will cover:
1. Real object understanding and concept development
2. Understanding of 3D models
3. Understanding of 2D models
4. Understanding of symbolic representation
5. Tactile discrimination and fine motor skills
Practitioners will leave with a comprehensive download resource pack.